Early-bird conference registration deadlines approaching (UPDATED)
If you're trying to pinch pennies to travel to a science or education meeting this summer, consider this a helpful reminder that several advance registration deadlines are looming! Here's a short list in order of deadlines:
- Evolution 2012 in Ottawa is shaping up to be quite interesting with a wide range of symposia, workshops, and mini-conferences. At the start, our collaborators Sam Donovan and Kristin Jenkins are organizing an Education Symposium on "Teaching with Data", and at the end, there will be a concurrent iEvoBio conference on informatics, including a "Software Bazaar." Early-bird registration is due April 30.
- Regular registration for the Ecological Society of America meeting runs until July 16. Between now and July 9, you can still submit a late-breaking poster abstract to the Public Participation in Scientific Research conference that will proceed the ESA meeting.
- Early-bird registration for the North American Congress for Conservation Biology has been extended to May 11.
- Early-bird registration for the North American Ornithological Conference is due May 15. In addition to scientific symposia, there will be a workshop on communicating with the media.
- And, if you are thinking ahead to next year already, abstracts for the Society for College Science Teachers track within the National Science Teachers Association 2013 meeting are due May 15.